Seite 2 von 4 ErsteErste 123 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 47

Thema: The "Image" of Werder in foreign countries

Re: The "Image" of Werder in foreign countries

MickMamilovs
    05/02/2009 at 08:11
    MickMamilovs (Latvia)
    Players you mentioned are realy legendary - no doubts. But don't you think you missed Frank Verlaat? Do you remember him? He was extra! Werder had fantastic coaches: Otto Rehhagel and Felix Magath. Anyway, thank you for this article!
    Nice comment!

Gast

Well Werders Image in England is fading at the moment because of our current situation in the Bundesliga, however, our achievements (past and present) in the UEFA-Cup and UEFA Champions League, such as defeating Chelsea or Real and reaching the semi finals of the UEFA Cup, have been perceived and acknowledged. Still Werder's reputation is to be inconsistent and more or less a shooting star that most certainly will fade and sink back into mediocrity. Yet everyone I have talked to knew Werder Bremen. Anyway I'm only expressing the opinions of numerous fottball fans that Ive met and talked to, I hardly ever read anything about Werder in the papers unless it was about Pizarro or Diego.

M.

Zitat Zitat von Mephistopheles
    ...I hardly ever read anything about Werder in the papers unless it was about Pizarro or Diego.
    That's obviously gonna change after our semi final clash with City.
    Der alte Hauptbahnhoftoilettenmann weiß genau, dass man nichts retten kann.

You better watch what you are wishing for, or you'll wish your wishes won't come true no more

Gast

I do hope so

M.

ok we wont play against man city but we´ll win the supercup final against an english team if an english team wins the champions league^^ then you´ll hear about werder :P

Gast

Well, Werder vs. HSV is being broadcast in the UK, no worries here.

M.

Not many folks around where I live know of Werder as most just know of Bayern, that is mostly due to the fact that the Bundesliga doesn't receive as much attention where I am.

It is nice that they aren't all about the money like alot of big name Euro countries.

I know more people would like them due to their nice style of football IF they found out about them.

Zitat Zitat von Aztattooedsean777
    Not many folks around where I live know of Werder as most just know of Bayern, that is mostly due to the fact that the Bundesliga doesn't receive as much attention where I am.
    How much "attention" does it have in the States when it comes to newspapers and broadcasting games or showing highlights on TV?

Zitat Zitat von MaxUnknown
    How much "attention" does it have in the States when it comes to newspapers and broadcasting games or showing highlights on TV?
    Online American football newspapers will talk about all countries leagues so if Bremen have something newsworthy, they will post it.

As for Goltv(the tv channel on cable that broadcasts Bundesliga matches here in states), they broadcast one or two matches(one delayed) on Saturdays and one match on Sundays. I have seen a few Bremen matches but not enough. Bayern seem a lock to be on each week. I would rather Werder Bremen of course and BvB due to both fan bases being so dedicated for teams not just given everything to them and instead having to work hard each week.

Which TV station from the States will be broadcasting the UEFA Cup final? confused

Zitat Zitat von MaxUnknown
    Which TV station from the States will be broadcasting the UEFA Cup final? confused
    Fox soccer channel! I think it is noon here west coast time. confused

Kick off is 11.45am Pacific Time, I think confused

As for Goltv(the tv channel on cable that broadcasts Bundesliga matches here in states), they broadcast one or two matches(one delayed) on Saturdays and one match on Sundays. I have seen a few Bremen matches but not enough. Bayern seem a lock to be on each week. I would rather Werder Bremen of course and BvB due to both fan bases being so dedicated for teams not just given everything to them and instead having to work hard each week.
    Let them hear your voice. GolTV is usually pretty interactive, send them a mail to golpremium@goltv.tv and ask if they can show more Werder games. Best would be to find a some others who share that wish. Actually winning a cup or two this season would certainly help, i remember times when GolTV was showing more of Werder. But i think this season the fact taht Klinsmann was the manager and Donovan was on loan pushed the already high interest in Bayern over the top and made them an absolute lock on GolTV
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Zitat Zitat von _tdd_
    Let them hear your voice. GolTV is usually pretty interactive, send them a mail to golpremium@goltv.tv and ask if they can show more Werder games. Best would be to find a some others who share that wish. Actually winning a cup or two this season would certainly help, i remember times when GolTV was showing more of Werder. But i think this season the fact taht Klinsmann was the manager and Donovan was on loan pushed the already high interest in Bayern over the top and made them an absolute lock on GolTV

It isn't just that. I totally understand that Goltv's priority is the La Liga but the La Liga doesn't start till around noon Arizona time. That means, they could show 2 Bundesliga matches(1 delayed) on Saturday morning along with one match on Sunday. heck, if it were up to me, they would broadcast the one match that occasionally occurs on Friday.

The Bundesliga doesn't make it easy to expand it's audience when each match is occurring at the same time on each Saturday. I can understand that the final weekend of the season when you don't want to give anyone an advantage of knowing whether they have to put out any effort but not for each weekend of the season.

It would help the BL if they showed more Bremen and BvB matches as both have super atmospheres at their stadiums. It would show to the new fans that it isn't all about the English League.

Werder Bremen in Scotland is more compared to Celtic. As much as it saddens me to say that. I think its only to do with your Green and White Colours

If you changed to Blue and White though That would be brilliant. You are a wonderful team, often compared with Arsenal on a footballing level. But your also compared with Manchester United on an Excitement level.

Fun to watch, score goals, and win games. That's the Bremen Way.

Rangers + Bremen