Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15

Thema: Hello and my book on SVW

Hello and my book on SVW

Hello all!

I have been a fan of Bremen since 2008! True American haha, and also a teacher and just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. This season started off with a bang and has been disappointing of late though; but sure we will get it back together

Also, I am in the midst of writing an English language book on the history of the club and am making steady progress on it. Goal is to have final first draft done towards the end of the year and go from there. Being a full time teacher,its hard to work on it as much as I would like too, but it is quite a joy when I do get too!

Some interesting tidbits from other American fans will be in it, along with Bremen history of course, etc etc. I am really looking forward to getting it out there. I am a perfectionist though lol, but even with that hope to get it out fully done relatively soon after first draft is complete.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all here. And even though I have started to learn basic German, still no where close good enough to have a full conversation in it. Would like to input my thoughts in other forums on here, but do many on here speak English? Or to make it easier, do I need to use Google Translate and make my posts in German before I submit them? I can do that if needed no problem.

Thank you!

Forza SVW!
    American Fan

Welcome! There are lots of people here who are quiet fluent in English, so even posting in English in German threads should be fine.
    Good luck for your book from a fellow teacher.
    Like a butterfly we've a very short life.
    Light a cigarette, it'll burn out before your eyes.

For chatting in English the ability of the users here may suffice, but I would advise you to post bilingual (with additional translation) to facilitate for users who don’t understand English so well. By the way, the International Board is pretty dead.
    {Meta Male}

„Der Mensch braucht wenig und auch das nicht lange.“ - Edward Young (1683-1765)
    „Das Wort verwundet leichter, als es heilt.“ -J. W. v. Goethe (1749-1832)

In case you need any help in the research for your book, you will find lots of users here with a vaste knowledge about the club´s and the Weserstadion´s history. Just ask. I´m sure anybody here will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks for the welcome! And if anyone wants to be a part of the book, can just dm me!
    American Fan

Zitat Zitat von Daniel FR Beitrag anzeigen
    For chatting in English the ability of the users here may suffice, but I would advise you to post bilingual (with additional translation) to facilitate for users who don’t understand English so well. By the way, the International Board is pretty dead.
    +1

And for translation I would choose DeepL over Google Translate. Welcome and good luck for your project!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zitat Zitat von 1987 Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von Daniel FR Beitrag anzeigen
    +1

And for translation I would choose DeepL over Google Translate. Welcome and good luck for your project!
    Thank you! And I will do so. From now on, will just translate my posts into German even though I know some on here know English; will just be better that way.

Book itself is coming along nicely, just having a hard time thinking of a title lol.
    American Fan

Title? "Not a franchise"

Zitat Zitat von WerderKalle Beitrag anzeigen
    Title? "Not a franchise"
    Haha, danke für deinen Beitrag, mein Freund.
    American Fan

Are you by chance still following Sargent's career? If so, how is he doing in Norwich?
    Ole's at the wheel

Zitat Zitat von diamondstar Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you by chance still following Sargent's career? If so, how is he doing in Norwich?
    Somewhat following it as not a Norwich fan(Bournemouth is my Prem team) but from tidbits I have read and see, he is well liked there and has a decent scoring rate; hopefully he keeps his form and will be on the US team in 2026.

Sneaky bid to bring him back here?

I'll throw in a fiver...
    American Fan

Hi SuperSVW,
    A former colleague from NJ became SVW-fan because of Sergant. He watched every game of „The Glorious“. Had a good Time.
    You may get a little bit more input from here by telling your own story; it‘s all about campfire.

from NJ, who Beck
    Fisch ist gut!
    Resista, Hedonista: Wild, Frei, Friedlich!
    Путін – хуйло

Zitat Zitat von Soulfriese Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi SuperSVW,
    A former colleague from NJ became SVW-fan because of Sergant. He watched every game of „The Glorious“. Had a good Time.
    You may get a little bit more input from here by telling your own story; it‘s all about campfire.

from NJ, who Beck
    Hey friend thanks for the reply.

And as far as how I became a fan, very simple.

Back in 2008, my roommate in college was from Bremen(Came to the USA on a basketball scholarship) and of course always talked about the club. His enthusiasm naturally rubbed of on me, started following the club then, and haven't stopped! I have an open invitation to go with whenever he goes back to Germany to visit family; as of yet I have not done so, but hope to do so sooner rather than later.
    American Fan

Moin Mate,
    You´ve got to learn, that "Moin" is the most important "German" word, you need to know: Normal Germans tend to understand "Good Morning" but you can use this typical Northern German Greeting 24 hours a day: it means: Beautiful and you can distinguish the good by the boring by using this as "Hallo".

Some english jokes don´t work in German, because e.g. score is not as slippery hera as it is in Liverpool. Deepl or Google are pretty fine with SOPs or adminastrory BS, but they can´t cope with colorful language. Just do it in English!
    Fisch ist gut!
    Resista, Hedonista: Wild, Frei, Friedlich!
    Путін – хуйло

Zitat Zitat von Soulfriese Beitrag anzeigen
    Moin Mate,
    You´ve got to learn, that "Moin" is the most important "German" word, you need to know: Normal Germans tend to understand "Good Morning" but you can use this typical Northern German Greeting 24 hours a day: it means: Beautiful and you can distinguish the good by the boring by using this as "Hallo".

Some english jokes don´t work in German, because e.g. score is not as slippery hera as it is in Liverpool. Deepl or Google are pretty fine with SOPs or adminastrory BS, but they can´t cope with colorful language. Just do it in English!
    Thank you for the advice friend and I will do so in future.
    American Fan