Seite 1007 von 1925 ErsteErste ... 957 987 997 1006100710081017 1027 1057 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 15.091 bis 15.105 von 28862

Thema: Corona - ruhig bleiben, prepping, einschließen? Wie geht ihr damit um?

Zitat Zitat von WhiteHorse Beitrag anzeigen
    Warum wärst du lieber dort?
    Gelassenerer Umgang, mehr Freiheit, mehr Eigenverantwortung, weniger Restriktionen (wenn ich auf dem aktuellsten Stand bin). Das ist mir sympathischer und hat für mich persönlich einen höheren Stellenwert als das Mehr an Sicherheit. Aber ich verstehe auch, wenn man das anders sieht.

Und ziehst du in die Bewertung auch mit ein, wohin das geführt hat?
    Liberté, Égalité, Fuckafdé
    There are spirals in your ears
    Wu-Tang is for the children!

Zitat Zitat von C.Harper Beitrag anzeigen
    Warum wärst du lieber dort?
    Gelassenerer Umgang, mehr Freiheit, mehr Eigenverantwortung, weniger Restriktionen (wenn ich auf dem aktuellsten Stand bin). Das ist mir sympathischer und hat für mich persönlich einen höheren Stellenwert als das Mehr an Sicherheit. Aber ich verstehe auch, wenn man das anders sieht.

I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

“Bad news, detective. We got a situation.”

“What? Is the mayor trying to ban trans fats again?”

“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”

“Not yet. But mark my words: we’re going to figure out who did this and we’re going to take them down … provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so.”

“Easy, chief,” I said. “Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair.”

He laughed. “That’s why you’re the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m on it.”

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

“Home Depot™️ Presents the Police!®️” I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. “Nobody move unless you want to!” They didn’t.

“Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?” No one spoke up.

“Come on,” I said. “Don’t you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?”

It didn’t seem like they did.

“Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I’m just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters.”

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

“Subway™️ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®️” I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

“Stop right there!” I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because I always try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. “Listen, I’ll pay you to stop!” I yelled. “What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I’ll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn ‘Bob Barr ‘08’ (2,44 m)˜ extra-large long-sleeved men’s T-shirt!”

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

“All right, all right!” the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. “I give up, cop! I confess: I took the bitcoins.”

“Why’d you do it?” I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™️ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs®️ on the guy.

“Because I was afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers,” he said. “I’m a central banker.”

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

“Let this be a message to all your central-banker friends out on the street,” I said. “No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you’ll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom.”

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.

Cool. Selbst geschrieben?
    {Meta Male}

„Der Mensch braucht wenig und auch das nicht lange.“ - Edward Young (1683-1765)
    „Das Wort verwundet leichter, als es heilt.“ -J. W. v. Goethe (1749-1832)

Zitat Zitat von Daniel FR Beitrag anzeigen
    Cool. Selbst geschrieben?
    Ach komm, als ob du das nicht gegooglet hättest.
    Edit: Oder hättest müssen.

Wenn jemand keine Quelle mitliefert, frage ich lieber, anstatt mich selbst der erniedrigenden Prozedur des Googelns auszusetzen. Ich sehe da eine gewisse Bringschuld, in diesem Fall bei dir.
    {Meta Male}

Googeln ist voll beta.

Ich gehe jetzt ins Bett. Gute Nacht!
    {Meta Male}

Dir auch!

Googeln ist voll beta.
    Vor allem, wenn man es so schreibt. Da fällt mir fast das Handy aus der Gürteltasche.
    @Fredericus Rex: Niemand - das ist Fakt - kennt die ursprüngliche Quelle, das ist ein Copypasta. Aber danke, dass du mir zutraust, so etwas selbst geschrieben zu haben.

(Auch wenn es etwas zu over the top für meinen Geschmack ist. Der erste Satz jedoch: Weltklasse.)

Edit: Bonne nuit!
    Geändert von Wiesenlove (21.11.2020 um 01:07 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Wiesenlove Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von C.Harper Beitrag anzeigen
    mehr Freiheit, mehr Eigenverantwortung, weniger Restriktionen

I was shooting...

Googeln ist voll beta.
    Vor allem, wenn man es so schreibt. Da fällt mir fast das Handy aus der Gürteltasche.
    @Fredericus Rex: Niemand - das ist Fakt - kennt die ursprüngliche Quelle, das ist ein Copypasta. Aber danke, dass du mir zutraust, so etwas selbst geschrieben zu haben.

(Auch wenn es etwas zu over the top für meinen Geschmack ist. Der erste Satz jedoch: Weltklasse.)

Das wird, meines Wissens, eingedeutscht so geschrieben.

E: Jo, wird's.

Zitat Zitat von Rallalinski Beitrag anzeigen
    Na, dass das Infektionsschutzgesetz dem damaligen Ermächtigungsgesetz gleichzusetzen sei.
    Was natürlich Schwachsinn ist.
    Das tangiert meinen Post allerdings nicht.

Googeln ist voll beta.

Das wird, meines Wissens, eingedeutscht so geschrieben.

E: Jo, wird's.
    Ich googel gerade die Höchststrafe für Brandstiftung.
    Edit: Stammsitz sogar in Berlin!
    Geändert von Wiesenlove (21.11.2020 um 02:06 Uhr)

Die Höchststrafe für Anglizismen wäre wohl angebracht.