Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: What country do you currently live in?

Teilnehmer
132. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
  • Australia

2 1,52%
  • Brazil

3 2,27%
  • Canada

2 1,52%
  • Germany

92 69,70%
  • Great Britain

4 3,03%
  • Other country (in Europe)

13 9,85%
  • Other country (continent Asia)

7 5,30%
  • Other country (continent Africa)

2 1,52%
  • Other country (continents North and South America)

1 0,76%
  • The United States of America

6 4,55%
Seite 1 von 10 12 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 148

Thema: The world says 'hello' - Who are you and where are you from?

The world says 'hello' - Who are you and where are you from?

Hi there,

It's time to finally bring this section of the board to life, wouldn't you say? After all, this is the place for international fans to meet and discuss Werder...

With that in mind, let's get started, shall we?!

My name is JAGnik and I currently live in 'good old' Alabama, USA. I was born in Nordrhein-Westfalen, but I grew up in foreign countries (Belgium, USA) and south-western Germany (Heidelberg) for the most part. I have been an avid Werder supporter ever since I can remember (the 1987-1988 season to be exact), and with players like Rune Bratseth and Wynton Rufer in the picture and many a nights sitting in front of the television or being part of the crowd at the Weserstadion, witnessing numerous Werder miracles, that never changed. And it never will.

Who would have ever imagined, though, that Werder Bremen, a club with relatively modest financial means, would establish themselves as one of the power houses of German and international football in recent years? That they would become famous for their 'shamelessly' attractive football? I, for one, have to admit that I never saw that coming, and I am extremely proud of what the Werder officials have accomplished in Bremen.

So, what else do I love about this club? Well, I love Werder's down to earth pragmatism and I enjoy the fact that officials and players here are usually allowed relative peace and that, for the most part at least, they also stand for a more level-headed environment. And last but not least, I'm deeply in love with our high-scoring offense.

Anyways, I should be going now, just wanted to say 'hi'.

Take care, Ladies and Gentlemen, and enjoy Werder Bremen.
    "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever" (Kevin Kline, "The Emperor's Club")

Re: The world says 'hello' - Who are you and where are you from?

nice to have you around, jagnik!
    feel free to participate in our conversations and even to answer in english!
    Hoffmann: „Dieses Trauma wird aus der Geschichte des HSV nicht mehr zu tilgen sein. Meine Enttäuschung ist immer noch gigantisch.“

follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/worum_org

Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brasil
    Meu Brasil brasileiro
    Meu mulato inzoneiro
    Vou cantar-te nos meus versos
    Ô Brasil, samba que dá
    Bamboleio, que faz gingá
    Ô Brasil do meu amor
    Terra de Nosso Senhor
    Brasil! Brasil!
    Prá mim... prá mim...

Ô, abre a cortina do passado
    Tira a Mãe Preta do serrado
    Bota o Rei Congo no congado
    Brasil! Brasil!
    Deixa cantar de novo o trovador
    À merencória luz da lua
    Toda canção do meu amor
    Quero ver a “Sá Dona” caminhando
    Pelos salões arrastando
    O seu vestido rendado
    Brasil! Brasil!
    Prá mim... prá mim...

Brasil
    terra boa e gostosa
    Da morena sestrosa
    De olhar indiscreto
    Ô Brasil, verde que dá
    Para o mundo se admirá
    Ô Brasil do meu amor
    Terra de Nosso Senhor
    Brasil! Brasil!
    Prá mim... prá mim...

Ô, esse coqueiro que dá côco
    Oi, onde amarro a minha rêde
    Nas noites claras de luar
    Brasil! Brasil!
    Ah, ouve essas fontes murmurantes
    Aonde eu mato a minha sede
    E onde a lua vem brincá
    Ah, este Brasil lindo e trigueiro
    É o meu Brasil brasileiro
    Terra de samba e pandeiro
    Brasil! Brasil!
    Prá mim... prá mim...

[Beitrag geändert. Bitte beachten: Aus rechtlichen Gründen und der drohenden Abmahngefahr können wir keine Links zu Videos von Fernsehsendungen oder Filmen dulden. Wenn nötig, schreibt bitte statt dessen einen Hinweis wie "Das Video ist bei Youtube zu finden, wenn dort nach "Aquarela do Brasil - Donald e Zé Carioca" gesucht wird. Wir bitten um Verständnis. BartS. [Admin] ]

If I could only have two home continents...

A guest from Alabama (where the skies are so blue),
    welcome to this board JAGnik, im happy to see users from parts of the world who arent known for their love to this wonderfull sport. Even tho you initialy learned to love Werder in Germany its stil nice to hear that you kept your excitement for Werder even thousands of miles away.
    Let that be contagious.

Im also very happy to see that our well known Werder fans from Brasil participate here.
    I know to root for Werder is in Brasil more common than in Alabama. but its still very nice to see you here Alegria do usuário
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Thanks for the warm welcome and for setting up this board - being here is an honor, informative and fun!
    "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever" (Kevin Kline, "The Emperor's Club")

Zitat Zitat von JAGnik
    I have been an avid Werder supporter ever since I can remember (the 1987-1988 season to be exact), and with players like Rune Bratseth and Wynton Rufer in the picture and many a nights sitting in front of the television or being part of the crowd at the Weserstadion,
    Have you ever been a "real part" of the crowd? And if so ... is it years ago? ... or do you have a private jet and a season ticket?

A private jet and a season ticket? Sounds good to me, where do I have to sign?...

Nope, unfortunately I haven't been in Bremen in a while (the last live performance that I saw was the at-home loss against Leverkusen in our Championship season). I used to be in Bremen a lot in the not so recent past, though, and I like to think that I've witnessed some of Werder's greatest victories like the 4:0 against Lyon (UEFA Cup 1999/2000, Lyon had outscored Werder 3:0 in Lyon) and the 3:1 against Parma (UEFA Cup 1999/2000). I've also been to the German Cup Final at the Olympiastadion/Berlin twice (the loss against Kaiserslautern in 1989/1990 and the win against Cologne in 1990/1991), and I have witnessed Bremen kick Munich's butt several times at the Weserstadion and Christoph Dabrowski's goal that more or less kept us in the 1. Bundesliga. Plus, while living in Heidelberg, I made sure that I attended the games against Kaiserslautern (Fritz Walter Stadion).

I have to admit that I really miss being part of the crowd at the Weserstadion, though. In fact, not being there as often as I would like is one of my biggest regrets. I have never seen a live performance by Diego, for instance, and it bothers me to no end. Plus, I have no idea if I'll ever make it back to Bremen. That's the price I have to pay for the life I have decided to lead, I guess, and every once in a while it hurts.

In the end, when all is said and done, it seems like it all comes down to this: "The choices we make dictate the life that we lead."

However, that does not change one important fact, and I would like to think that I'm speaking in the name of all ex-patriae here: I take Werder with me, wherever I go, and I cheer them on - no matter what. Werder is my team, and if Werder were to play in the German Kreisliga, my feelings would still be the same.

And that brings us to the importance of this (international) board, I guess: This is a place for Werder-Fans to come together and celebrate, whine and cry, no matter where they live and who they are, and I'm extremely thankful for that. I guess the truth is, that without this board, ex-patriae like me would be frustrated to no end, because this place gives ex-patriae supporters a much needed opportunity to feel the 'Werder vibe'.

And while I'm at it, let me thank you, Max, and others for your insights and your research. It is highly appreciated and makes an helluva lot of a difference to ex-patriae like me!

Hi Jagnique,

I have to admit that you became a quite accomplished writer meanwhile....hats off to you.....

My beloved and also beautiful daughter will sign in here soon, and as she loves Werder and the US of A both more than me (forget that!), she will contact you. Is that OK by you?

Please hug and kiss her as if she was one of your kin. She's worth it.

Cap
    Der gute, alte Cap: Röhrenkraft, die Gören schafft.

Sure, no problem, Cap! I'll be nice and pleasant and I'll treat her as if she were my own, I promise!

G'day from Downunder (Sydney, Australia)

Glad somebody set up Worum. The official forum is just plain boring, e.g. no allowed there, hehehe!

German is my first language so I can read and post in the he other forums, but I'll be looking in here regularly.

I have been a Werder fan since the fifties (in the Oberliga Nord days = pre-Bundesliga ) when, as a schoolboy, I watched from the open air stands in all kinds of weather. The local derby was then Werder v Bremer SV with Werder nearly always winning. Even in those days the HSV was always the big arch enemy.

Even though as a schoolboy I never played for Werder (I played for Tura Bremen until I migrated to Australia at 18) I played in a Werder uniform as a player-coach for a team in the New Guinea highlands when I was teaching there. I wrote to Werder and they kindly donated a complete set of shirts and shorts that had been worn by the first team in a European tie. There were no sox because everybody except me played barefoot. I still have a black and white photo of the team. I'll dig it up and post it here.

Anyway, hope this board attracts enough activity to make it interesting.

And to the people who made the effort to set up and maintain Worum I say Thanks!

Zitat Zitat von Nach oben
    I still have a black and white photo of the team. I'll dig it up and post it here.
    Hi and welcome! The photo will be great! Especially if let us use it for the "header-competition". Might be?

I am currently doing my PhD in Reading, 40 minutes away from swinging London. Any Werder supporters from Berkeshire, Oxford, London?

I am therefore hoping for English teams to be picked in the Champions League draw, with of course Arsenal or Chelsea being my favourites.

I was born in the Ruhrarea of Germany and I am supporting Werder Bremen since I can remember and surely will be to the end of this one and in my next twelve lives.

Welcome to the worum Koala Karl and Nach oben

I am sure there are some supporters from that area, but most certainly not in this yet so young and small board. Lets hope some more will follow you and sign up here.
    I am sure there are quit a few users here who like to hear from you Werderfans so far away from Bremen.

And Nach oben, im realy looking forward to that picture.
    i guess with that donation Werder aquired some new fans 20 000 km away from Bremen.
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Zitat Zitat von _tdd_
    Welcome to the worum Koala Karl and Nach oben

I am sure there are some supporters from that area, but most certainly not in this yet so young and small board. Lets hope some more will follow you and sign up here.
    I am sure there are quit a few users here who like to hear from you Werderfans so far away from Bremen.

And Nach oben, im realy looking forward to that picture.
    i guess with that donation Werder aquired some new fans 20 000 km away from Bremen.
    The photo is here

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/...d7376d79_o.jpg

Unfortunately it's only an old Polaroid B/W. I guess you can still make me out at the top left. The team was made up of students from the Mt Hagen High School in the Western Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Although the boys were only 16 -18 y.o. they competed in the open men's division and always played for the title. I coached them from 1965 to 68 and we won the title in 1966/7.

I would be interested if anybody can identify the shirts from that period.

Zitat Zitat von Nach oben
    The photo is here

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/...d7376d79_o.jpg

Unfortunately it's only an old Polaroid B/W. I guess you can still make me out at the top left. The team was made up of students from the Mt Hagen High School in the Western Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Although the boys were only 16 -18 y.o. they competed in the open men's division and always played for the title. I coached them from 1965 to 68 and we won the title in 1966/7.

I would be interested if anybody can identify the shirts from that period.
    Sick picture, thanks for sharing Hard to identify, did they send the jerseys during 1965?

Click here for a Team picture of 1964/65