Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: What country do you currently live in?

Teilnehmer
132. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
  • Australia

2 1,52%
  • Brazil

3 2,27%
  • Canada

2 1,52%
  • Germany

92 69,70%
  • Great Britain

4 3,03%
  • Other country (in Europe)

13 9,85%
  • Other country (continent Asia)

7 5,30%
  • Other country (continent Africa)

2 1,52%
  • Other country (continents North and South America)

1 0,76%
  • The United States of America

6 4,55%
Seite 8 von 10 ErsteErste ... 789 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 106 bis 120 von 148

Thema: The world says 'hello' - Who are you and where are you from?

Re: The world says 'hello' - Who are you and where are you from?

Welcome Rusty!
    Zitat Zitat von rustynation
    I'm also mostly Belarussian (but a third-generation American).
    Wow, what a small world! The third "almost" belarussian on this forum - and again female

Zitat Zitat von Naramulka
    Welcome Rusty!
    I'm also mostly Belarussian (but a third-generation American).
    Wow, what a small world! The third "almost" belarussian on this forum - and again female
    Thanks for the welcome!

Man we get invaded here. But somehow i dont mind that.

A warm welcome to Rusty, and even tho we cant agree on many teams (chelsea , espanyol , and if you ask me everything from New England ) im very happy that we can agree on Werder. Show the Boston area which is the right green and what good taste is
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Zitat Zitat von _tdd_
    Man we get invaded here. But somehow i dont mind that.

A warm welcome to Rusty, and even tho we cant agree on many teams (chelsea , espanyol , and if you ask me everything from New England ) im very happy that we can agree on Werder. Show the Boston area which is the right green and what good taste is
    where are you from, then?

As a Chelsea fan, I can't in good conscience cheer for FC Barcelona, but since the city looks totally awesome, I feel as if I should cheer for a team from there. I used to like Real Madrid but they went superGalactico and I hate Cristiano Ronaldo. I might go to an Espanyol-Liverpool preseason game, but I can't figure out how to get tickets!

And, umm, since Max was correct , can someone please translate Fritz's whines from werder.de for me? Vielen Dank!

I'll give it a try:

In the end of the season he was in a better shape, the easiness in his game was back, he could forge ahead. So the holiday came at the wrong time, he joked.
    Before that he had problems with his musculature, and he had lost the confidence in his body. The problem was the Euro 2008, and that there was not enough break between that and the too short season prep.
    This year though he was able to relax deeply in his 4 weeks holiday in italy and ibiza. This time is over now: The hard work in Norderney (the training camp where primarily endurance training is taking place) is not liked, but necessary, since he is very dependant on his physique. Apart from that he is focussing on stabilizing those muscles - i can't translate that without giggling like a school boy - in the groin area.
    Also of course he tries to draw attention on himself to play the world cup 2010. He says that if he can deliver the performance he used to before the muscular problems he will be there!
    Before that though he focusses on the tasks with Werder. In the last season there sometimes was a lack of fitness, but also of taking the enemy serious.
    Inquired about the competition on his position he said he is very aware of that. He doesn't think about others, but is putting the pressure on himself. On his to do list for the next season there's written: Play consistently! (actually this is hard to translate. He says: "konstant spielen!", which means to stop the unsteadiness of the last season, and instead keep his performance stable.)

Sounds good to me! Go Clemens!
    "Ich hab gehört der Sportteil vom worum soll auch ganz gut sein..."

Zitat Zitat von soviet_1917
    I'll give it a try:

In the end of the season he was in a better shape, the easiness in his game was back, he could forge ahead. So the holiday came at the wrong time, he joked.
    Before that he had problems with his musculature, and he had lost the confidence in his body. The problem was the Euro 2008, and that there was not enough break between that and the too short season prep.
    This year though he was able to relax deeply in his 4 weeks holiday in italy and ibiza. This time is over now: The hard work in Norderney (the training camp where primarily endurance training is taking place) is not liked, but necessary, since he is very dependant on his physique. Apart from that he is focussing on stabilizing those muscles - i can't translate that without giggling like a school boy - in the groin area.
    Also of course he tries to draw attention on himself to play the world cup 2010. He says that if he can deliver the performance he used to before the muscular problems he will be there!
    Before that though he focusses on the tasks with Werder. In the last season there sometimes was a lack of fitness, but also of taking the enemy serious.
    Inquired about the competition on his position he said he is very aware of that. He doesn't think about others, but is putting the pressure on himself. On his to do list for the next season there's written: Play consistently! (actually this is hard to translate. He says: "konstant spielen!", which means to stop the unsteadiness of the last season, and instead keep his performance stable.)

Sounds good to me! Go Clemens!
    Thanks for the translation attempt - it works for me!

If he plays in the 2010 WC, I'll eat my hat. And that part you can't translate without giggling like a school boy is making me blush.

He wasn't taking the opponent seriously last year? That's...not good.

Unsteadiness last season? He only played one good game, against Shakhtar!

While I like that he's taken responsibility for his the state of his play last year, some of what he says still makes me embarrassed (and I'm not talking about the groin muscle discussion - groin pulls HURT!) I really don't like that he claims to have not taken some of his opponents seriously.

His play last year was such that I, in Boston, where about three people know who he is, was ashamed to like him. I know he was injured and sick a lot, but he played like crap!

(plus, I'm jealous that he got to go to Italy; my parents are going tomorrow, and my mother is coming home and going to Barcelona with me three days later.)

Clemens, I give you until the winter break to start playing better, or else...you have lost your only American PR

oh, sorry, that part with taking the enemy not serious was about the team, not about him. well, since he is a part of the team, it's obviously also about him, but not exclusively.

i'm also not really sure how realistic his goal is to play the WC, but we'll see. in the last season there was a small trend from "worst" to "bad" - and yea, the game against shakhtar was decent.

hey, what time is it now in boston? here in japan it's 3 pm, and the time difference to germany is confusing me already...

oh, sorry, that part with taking the enemy not serious was about the team, not about him. well, since he is a part of the team, it's obviously also about him, but not exclusively.

i'm also not really sure how realistic his goal is to play the WC, but we'll see. in the last season there was a small trend from "worst" to "bad" - and yea, the game against shakhtar was decent.

hey, what time is it now in boston? here in japan it's 3 pm, and the time difference to germany is confusing me already...
    I thought his game against Shakhtar was *great,* but maybe that's just because the rest of his season was AWFUL.

Clemens's thinking/admitting that team probably didn't always take the opponent seriously makes a bit more sense - I don't know why he'd personally admit to not taking the opponent seriously!

I still think I should wait to see if he remembers how to play before I get his shirt, so probably in February.

It's currently 2:20 am in Boston, we are 6 hours behind Germany. If it was 3 pm when you posted, that makes us 13 hours behind you?

well, i have to admit i don't remember the game against shakhtar that well... it was a) too late/early here and b) suppression...

i guess waiting with buying the new shirt makes sense. the stupid slogan "so geht bank heute" alone is reason enough. i hope clemens will have remembered how to play before the revelation of the new shittibank-reloaded logo!

with all the international people on board now we can keep the forum running 24/7!

where are you from, then?
    I'm from Bremen, and of cause a die hard Werder supporter, but besides that i am fascinated with New York City, and therefor like magneticly drawn to their sports teams. And that should make clear why i'm not to high on any teams from new england or exspecially Boston area.

As a Chelsea fan, I can't in good conscience cheer for FC Barcelona, but since the city looks totally awesome, I feel as if I should cheer for a team from there. I used to like Real Madrid but they went superGalactico and I hate Cristiano Ronaldo. I might go to an Espanyol-Liverpool preseason game, but I can't figure out how to get tickets!
    Yes Barcelona is an awesome city, one of the reasons for me to root for FC Barcelona.

And yes, Japan is 13 hous ahead of Boston, and Bremen pretty much is right in the middle, 7 behind JST(Japan Standart Time) and 6 ahead of EST
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Zitat Zitat von _tdd_
    I'm from Bremen, and of cause a die hard Werder supporter, but besides that i am fascinated with New York City, and therefor like magneticly drawn to their sports teams. And that should make clear why i'm not to high on any teams from new england or exspecially Boston area.

And yes, Japan is 13 hous ahead of Boston, and Bremen pretty much is right in the middle, 7 behind JST(Japan Standart Time) and 6 ahead of EST
    I've only been to New York approximately 100 times, so a) the city isn't that fascinating anymore and b) I've never liked their sports teams in the first place, even when I was living in an area where I was allowed to cheer for their teams.

well, i have to admit i don't remember the game against shakhtar that well... it was a) too late/early here and b) suppression...

i guess waiting with buying the new shirt makes sense. the stupid slogan "so geht bank heute" alone is reason enough. i hope clemens will have remembered how to play before the revelation of the new shittibank-reloaded logo!
    The Shakhtar game was in the middle of the afternoon for me, but I had to watch most of it delayed because I had stuff to do. Fritz's only good game of the season IMHO.

And seriously, I do NOT want people reading an entire German sentence off my chest. I hope the next slogan/advertisement/logo is just one word.

my worries are more about the meaning of the sentence than the language it's written in... i mean, "thats banking today" is just a little ... these days.

yeah, I read it as "Sh*ttybank f*cked up so we're stuck with this!" and don't necessarily want to wear that slogan.

"Sh*ttybank f*cked up so we're stuck with this!"
    How much you are going to pay if I get you a jersey with that slogan?