Seite 1 von 7 12 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 91

Thema: A New Bremen fan and his many questions!

A New Bremen fan and his many questions!

Okay, I was clogging up the hello thread with too many of my own questions which I apologize. I do love how everyone is so friendly on this forum.

I am very curious about learning more about Werder Bremen as a team, it's stadium, how hard to get tickets to a match if one is planning trips to Bremen, and many more questions in the future so be ready.

How big is the stadium? Which matches are impossible to get tickets for? I am assuming the derbys would be like that.

What other places would one want to check out in Bremen when coming to town for a visit?

Have Werder Bremen always loved playing attractive style of football through out it's history?

I think that is a good start.

Thanks for putting up with me! 8-

Re: A New Bremen fan and his many questions!

Only thing I can repeat is: Keep cool. Come to Bremen and see. Everything will be OK, if you are here: tickets, culture, weather. It depends on you .
    What is special in Bremen? That we are owners of our city, I think. A lot of citizens are feeling responsible for Bremen. That is very special for a city of this size. And Werder is beloved by almost everybody, even the ones who are not interested in football.

Zitat Zitat von Unentschieden
    Only thing I can repeat is: Keep cool. Come to Bremen and see. Everything will be OK, if you are here: tickets, culture, weather. It depends on you .
    What is special in Bremen? That we are owners of our city, I think. A lot of citizens are feeling responsible for Bremen. That is very special for a city of this size. And Werder is beloved by almost everybody, even the ones who are not interested in football.

Thanks for info, I just like learning about places before I go there. I love reading about things. I am sure I can find a website about Bremen. Plus, it is interesting to hear from people who have been fans for awhile. I also love to travel so it is nice to find out about things to see before I go there.

I just know that any recommendations will be useful. We made a similar thread for fans of my American soccer team Seattle Sounders. It was a useful guide for anyone that was going to travel to Seattle.

I know about small cities. I lived in Wertheim and I don't even think most Germans knew where that was. :P

okay, here we go! places in bremen:

Party: "Viertel" ("quarter") the alternative part of the city between the historical old town and the Weserstadion. Very good for having a beer before the game or afterwards, famous for the international cuisine and always a nice place to go.
    For the younger/more mainstream audience and the night there is the "Rembertimeile" close to the mainstation, where there are a bunch of discos and clubs. Can be very nice if you're drunk enough
    If you are more of a stylish person go to the Schlachte, which is the river bank at the old town. There are lots of cocktailbars and some nice restaurants, and the view and atmosphere at the river are very nice, especially on warm summer nights

Relax: The beautiful "Osterdeich" at the riverside! Lay on the grass in the summer, have a Beck's and watch the Weser flowing down to the sea. You can spend your life like that and it will never be boring!
    Also there is the huge "Bürgerpark", where you can have a walk, watch the (actually man-made) nature, or maybe even play some soccer, like C. Alberto did when he arrived in Bremen. Actually though i think he knows the places in the first point better...

Sightseeing: Almost everything in the old town is nice. The Marketplace with the City Hall, the Roland figure and the Dome is part of the UNESCO world heritage thing, so don't miss it. Also take a look at the Schnoor, a quarter with very tiny alleys, very historical.
    Oh yea, and you can have a guided tour through the glorious Beck's brewery! Drink beer AND see interesting stuff - ideal combination!

Food: You can have very good international cuisine in the Viertel. Döner in general is quiet good and cheap. Don't buy it too close to the city center though, especially at the main station it's not so good in my opinion. The place to go is the Viertel or the west of the town, like Walle or Gröpelingen. Actually though, Walle and Gröpelingen don't have anything else cool... Well, there's the Überseestadt in Walle, the former harbor area, which is quiet interesting, as they are building like crazy there.
    Traditional Bremen "Spezialitäten" are available in the historical old town, of course, since all the tourists go there. Go ahead and try some Kohl & Pinkel, Labskaus or Knipp! It may look ugly, but actually it's quiet good and goes very smooth with a beer! If you are scared of strange looking food, go for some fish. The northern sea is close, so it's gonna be fresh and delicate!

Special events: If you have the opportunity to be in Bremen in fall and it's Freimarkt time: GO THERE! It's a big temporary fun fare, with loads of great fast food, merry-go-rounds and beer tents. Forget the Oktoberfest, the Freimarkt is way older and better :P.
    The little brother of the Freimarkt is the Osterwiese, which is during the easter holiday. It's also fun, but of course way smaller.
    If you like the combination "beer, party and sports" go to the "6-Tage-Rennen", an indoor bicycle race that goes for 6 days, as the name already says. It can even be interesting without beer and party!

Shopping: Bremen is not Berlin in terms of shopping, but you will find the stuff you need. That should be: Beer, fanwear, and... i don't know, maybe you want to bring your american friends some real beer! Buy the fan stuff at the Weserstadion, best choice is the Ostkurvensaal (underneath the Ostkurve), if you buy stuff here you support the supporters directly!
    As for beer: Any supermarket will do actually, as long as it's Beck's or Haake Beck that you buy.

Bremen is really worth a trip! Don't let the cliché of the bad weather scare you, Bremen can be very sunny and very nice. Some people may seem a bit reserved, but actually that's only because northern germarns are not so shallow. You know, still waters run deep and all. If it's about Werder though, every "Bremer" will perk up!
    "Ich hab gehört der Sportteil vom worum soll auch ganz gut sein..."

Oh sh*t, forgot about your health-thing... Sorry about the many references to alcohol!

Of course there's non-alcoholic beer aswell, it's definitely healthier than coke

Zitat Zitat von soviet_1917
    Oh sh*t, forgot about your health-thing... Sorry about the many references to alcohol!

Of course there's non-alcoholic beer aswell, it's definitely healthier than coke

Awesome! Those are great first things to get me started in my research!

I don't really drink soda except sometimes sprite or 7up. Germans have non alcoholic beer? I would think it was illegal.

Zitat Zitat von Aztattooedsean777
    I don't really drink soda except sometimes sprite or 7up. Germans have non alcoholic beer? I would think it was illegal.

i think it's only illegal to call it "beer". thank god there is no "happoshu" ( ) in germany!

As far as beer is concerned, Schüttinger is also worth mentioning. It is - as far as I know - a small brewery located just around the corner from the marketplace already referred to by soviet_1917 and they have happy-hour each day from 5 to 8 pm (1 beer = 1 euro), which is quite good on days of matches (especially if you are planning to go to international matches, which usually start at 8:45 pm).

Regarding cultural activities, Bremerhaven (a town belonging to Bremen but 60 kilometres north of it) could be interesting for you as there is a museum dealing especially with the topic of European emigration to the USA: click here for info.
    Low Performer

Zitat Zitat von Rallalinski
    As far as beer is concerned, Schüttinger is also worth mentioning. It is - as far as I know - a small brewery located just around the corner from the marketplace already referred to by soviet_1917 and they have happy-hour each day from 5 to 8 pm (1 beer = 1 euro), which is quite good on days of matches (especially if you are planning to go to international matches, which usually start at 8:45 pm).

Regarding cultural activities, Bremerhaven (a town belonging to Bremen but 60 kilometres north of it) could be interesting for you as there is a museum dealing especially with the topic of European emigration to the USA: click here for info.

I have heard of Bremerhaven from my military days. I will let everyone else enjoy the good tasting beer as I don't drink anymore.

Have Werder Bremen always loved playing attractive style of football through out it's history?
    No, thats one of Schaaf's influences. During the reign of Otto Rehhagel, we played a style which became known as the infamous "kontrollierte Offensive" (Rehhagels euphemism for a playing style that looked like Cattenaccio compared to today's Werder) and before and after, we were't famous for our offensive outlook either - as far as i know, maybe the old guard like Bierstandszene will know better.
    Edit: I forgot to mention the legendary "Wunder von der Weser" in the Uefa Cup and Champions League during Rehhagels time as a coach, where we indeed turned matches that seemed lost into great victories with scoring lots of goals - the matches against Spartak Moscow, Dynamo Berlin and Feyenoord Rotterdam for example.
    "Wer nimmt er den Platz weg, wenn die Einsatzzeit."

ANTWORTEN, KATS!

Which matches are impossible to get tickets for? I am assuming the derbys would be like that.
    Lets say its tougher to get tickets for the games against HSV and Bayern, but its still possible. You can order tickets via internet (werder homepage), but I guess fans here can also help as soon as you tell us here when you know about the dates you are coming this year, next year or sometime in the future.

Werder Bremen Attractive Style of football, invented by Thomas Schaaf in 1999

i think i'll put my post in a thread of its own, so that international away supporters can read it too

edit: if no one intervenes...

http://www.worum.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=798

What about a nice copy & paste into that one?

done & done!

maybe you should make that sticky? like popcorn.

stick stick