Seite 1 von 3 12 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 33

Thema: For those that have been to the Weserstadion:

For those that have been to the Weserstadion:

Please give a full description of what it is like there: How is the atmosphere as I have only seen on the tv? Is it in a nice area? What is Bremen like? What else is there to see and do there?

If you are someone who is a fan from far away, are most people friendly when attending a match there rooting for Werder Bremen?

Is it easy to get there if you are having to travel by train and s-bahn?

Re: For those that have been to the Weserstadion:

Zitat Zitat von Aztattooedsean777
    Please give a full description of what it is like there: How is the atmosphere as I have only seen on the tv? Is it in a nice area? What is Bremen like? What else is there to see and do there?

If you are someone who is a fan from far away, are most people friendly when attending a match there rooting for Werder Bremen?

Keep cool. Werder-Fans from outside are ALWAYS welcome in Bremen. The area of the stadium ist simply the most romantic one in Germany, almost always crowded, and one of our credos is: "We are the good ones".

Look at google earth, and you will see.

Zitat Zitat von Unentschieden

Keep cool. Werder-Fans from outside are ALWAYS welcome in Bremen. The area of the stadium ist simply the most romantic one in Germany, almost always crowded, and one of our credos is: "We are the good ones".

Look at google earth, and you will see.

Very cool to hear, thanks!

Wir sind die Fans der Elf in Grün und Weiß
    und liefern jede Woche den Beweis!
    Die Lieder klingen und die Fahnen weh'n,
    der SVW wird niemals untergeh'n!

Zitat Zitat von unser_Harry
    confused

Please give a full description of what it is like there: How is the atmosphere as I have only seen on the tv? (...)
    It's quite nice and also up to you. You either sit between the "quiet" guys or you go to the hardcore fans (Ostkurve):
    Singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_GtR1vr3kc
    Diego scores: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Oji...eature=related
    Fun with the famous Papierkugel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztntS...eature=related
    Tim Wiese and the fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDQf...eature=related

Zitat Zitat von MaxUnknown
    Please give a full description of what it is like there: How is the atmosphere as I have only seen on the tv? (...)
    It's quite nice and also up to you. You either sit between the "quiet" guys or you go to the hardcore fans (Ostkurve):
    Singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_GtR1vr3kc
    Diego scores: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Oji...eature=related
    Fun with the famous Papierkugel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztntS...eature=related
    Tim Wiese and the fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDQf...eature=related

very cool, thanks for the links! I was curious about which sections have the fun supporters so thanks for the info!

These smileys make me laugh. This is the wide range of emotions I have during a match. I come to sing- ,other team dares think they can beat us, I disagree----> , ref makes bad calls or my team starts off slowly---> but in the end, they win and I celebrate--->

http://www.werder.de/bilder/galerie/...ntschoen57.jpg

A good picture to take a look at the so called Osterdeich, which is used by a lot of fans to make the trip from the inner city to the Stadium.

And when you are about to make the trip to Bremen: let us know here, there will be Bremen based Werderfans who would show you the city and have some beers later.

http://www.werder.de/bilder/galerie/...ntschoen57.jpg

A good picture to take a look at the so called Osterdeich, which is used by a lot of fans to make the trip from the inner city to the Stadium.

And when you are about to make the trip to Bremen: let us know here, there will be Bremen based Werderfans who would show you the city and have some beers later.

Although I loved hefe weizen beer when I lived in Germany, I had to give up all alcohol back on March 3, 1998 for health reasons. That said, I leave all the good tasting beer to all my fellow football fans. I will definitely let everyone know whenever I am due to make future visits to Germany.

Then we better go for a Kohl & Pinkel dinner You may have heard about that before during the three years you did spend over here.

Then we better go for a Kohl & Pinkel dinner You may have heard about that before during the three years you did spend over here.
    It was 1989-1992 when I lived over there so I can't remember. I did visit Munich, Berlin, and Hamburg during the last 2 summers when I visited various places over there and neighboring countries.

Kohl & Pinkel

Grünkohl, Braunkohl or "Kohl und Pinkel" (kale, very slowly cooked, with bits of rather salty sausage; a typical winter dish).

Kohl & Pinkel

Grünkohl, Braunkohl or "Kohl und Pinkel" (kale, very slowly cooked, with bits of rather salty sausage; a typical winter dish).
    I guess this is where I really make everyone go like this---> and think I am ----> crazy

I don't eat meat. I used to and I know I miss out on alot of tasty German food. Yep, I am that one very strange very tattooed football fan.

Your quit a unique Werder fan i must say.
    No beer no meat and from the motherland of the love to this game the United States.
    But dont worry, there is enough tasty food to try even for you.
    THere is a a restaurant near the stadium that does not serve any meat, im not sure if all food there is only vegeterian or actually vegan. And tasting Kohl cant hurt you even without the very tasty supplement of Pinkel, a nice peace of meat and a beer.
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Zitat Zitat von _tdd_
    Your quit a unique Werder fan i must say.
    No beer no meat and from the motherland of the love to this game the United States.
    But dont worry, there is enough tasty food to try even for you.
    THere is a a restaurant near the stadium that does not serve any meat, im not sure if all food there is only vegeterian or actually vegan. And tasting Kohl cant hurt you even without the very tasty supplement of Pinkel, a nice peace of meat and a beer.

When you say unique, are you being nice in not calling me strange? :P

Hmmm, I will have to check out that restaurant.

As for being from the US that has the reputation for not loving the great sport of football/soccer, that always baffles me.

Where are almost all the people that live in the US from? Europe, Africa, and almost every where else. Those are soccer loving countries. The important thing is really for our soccer league(MLS) to do well over time so that kids know that soccer is an option. We have tons of kids playing the sport but once they get to a certain age, they turn to the more traditional American sports.

As for the Weserstadion, I appreciate anything and everything that I can find out about it.