Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 33

Thema: For those that have been to the Weserstadion:

Gast

Re: For those that have been to the Weserstadion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weserstadion not very helpful, i know.

as for the americans not liking football: i used to have an australian gf. she used to call it soccer and that would wind most ppl up over here. well in england at least. soccer is more of a derogative term for football here. so...
    dont think germans are as up tight with it as the british.

Zitat Zitat von Mephistopheles
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weserstadion not very helpful, i know.

as for the americans not liking football: i used to have an australian gf. she used to call it soccer and that would wind most ppl up over here. well in england at least. soccer is more of a derogative term for football here. so...
    dont think germans are as up tight with it as the british.

they get upset but not as much as when I made the mistake of calling away matches, road games. Road? We don't play on a road they said.

Gast

never heard of that. havent met lots of americans in england. dunno y tho. its more aussies here.

havent bothered to read all of the stuff that ppl have written here. to tell u of my experience in the weserstadion: its mind blowing. and it should even get better once the reconstruction is finished. lookin forward to going there again.

Zitat Zitat von Mephistopheles
    never heard of that. havent met lots of americans in england. dunno y tho. its more aussies here.

havent bothered to read all of the stuff that ppl have written here. to tell u of my experience in the weserstadion: its mind blowing. and it should even get better once the reconstruction is finished. lookin forward to going there again.

well, when you get the chance, I would definitely like hearing about your experience there!

Zitat Zitat von Aztattooedsean777

When you say unique, are you being nice in not calling me strange? :P

Hmmm, I will have to check out that restaurant.

As for being from the US that has the reputation for not loving the great sport of football/soccer, that always baffles me.

Where are almost all the people that live in the US from? Europe, Africa, and almost every where else. Those are soccer loving countries. The important thing is really for our soccer league(MLS) to do well over time so that kids know that soccer is an option. We have tons of kids playing the sport but once they get to a certain age, they turn to the more traditional American sports.

As for the Weserstadion, I appreciate anything and everything that I can find out about it.
    I for one do eat meat, but i realy respect those who dont.
    My point was more that your some kind of anti stereotype football fan, because the stereotype sure would not be from the states would drink beer and eat meat.

Im familiar with the US sports culture, so i of course know about the kids playing it, the mls and the popularity of channels like GolTV or Fox Soccer Channel and broadcasts on ESPN. But in the end it remains the fact that football does not have the same standing in the US it has in europe or south america for numerous reasons.
    I think one the MLB cant compete with the four big leagues is that football has no time outs, it is not that well fitted for all those commercials you see in a broadcast of NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL.
    And lets face it, if the MLS is not getting more present with live broadcast and in shows like Sports Center or the countless sports talk shows, if there it wont generate a big buzz, it wll not close up to the other leagues.
    "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up"

Mark Twain zu ehren seines nahenden 100. Todestags

Zitat Zitat von _tdd_

I for one do eat meat, but i realy respect those who dont.
    My point was more that your some kind of anti stereotype football fan, because the stereotype sure would not be from the states would drink beer and eat meat.

Im familiar with the US sports culture, so i of course know about the kids playing it, the mls and the popularity of channels like GolTV or Fox Soccer Channel and broadcasts on ESPN. But in the end it remains the fact that football does not have the same standing in the US it has in europe or south america for numerous reasons.
    I think one the MLB cant compete with the four big leagues is that football has no time outs, it is not that well fitted for all those commercials you see in a broadcast of NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL.
    And lets face it, if the MLS is not getting more present with live broadcast and in shows like Sports Center or the countless sports talk shows, if there it wont generate a big buzz, it wll not close up to the other leagues.

The important thing is the MLS commissioner doesn't imagine going ahead of those 4 sports. He is right in that if you can just get more people like me that love European football to also watch the MLS matches, they will fill up more of their new Soccer only stadiums that are 18,000-25,000 sized.

Heck, my adopted team the Seattle Sounders have sold out everyone of their matches so far. They get around 30,000 people. The two new teams from the northwest- Vancouver and Portland will also draw well.

We had about 80 people down in Los Angeles for away support as they played Chivas. I know that isn't 1,000 or so quite yet but we were loud. The people up in Seattle said they heard us on the tv up there and they cheered each time camera looked at our green wave! Seattle and Werder Bremen both being green helps. 8-

Seattle will have about 65,000 for their exhibition match vs Chelsea and vs Barcelona this July.

Now, that isn't like that for all the teams but as long as they can get just some of the people getting up early each weekend to watch matches from the EPL, BL, and the Serie A to also watch MLS later that day, they will only get better.

It is only about 12 or so years old as well where Euro football clubs are often over 100 years old.

Darn, I am going off topic again. This should be in the general topic thread. Sorry.

Well, this is europe. Being unique is a good thing here.

Zitat Zitat von (jip)

Well, this is europe. Being unique is a good thing here.
    Good to hear! 8- I will have to let everyone know that I have a silly personality so I am usually joking in my threads.

How has the atmosphere been like at the home stadium for much of the Bundesliga and Europa league matches so far this season?

It seems I have seen more away matches on tv this season.

What are the various ways to get tickets to see Werder Bremen at home?
    Does the main website have an online ticket page? I am assuming I would have to wait till tickets for a game would be available to the general public.

I want to be ready as I know that Bremen will be one of the various cities I visit on my 2 or 3 week Europe trip next September so I want to be prepared.

Any advice for getting tickets or whatever else I might need to know prior to coming would be appreciated

You can order tickets online at the Werder homepage (I think that's the only way). Here you can see when you can apply for a ticket ("Spieltermin" means when the match takes place, "Bestellfrist" is the timeframe when the website allows you apply for tickets). On this page you can apply for tickets when they're available - there will be a link on the bottom of the page, if a match is available for application. BUT: I wouldn't rely on that you really get tickets and I don't know if they send tickets abroad, I don't think so...

So I would suggest that you come to Bremen when there is a home match and try to buy a ticket on the black market in front of the Weserstadion. When it's not against Bayern oder Hamburg, you will always get one for a reasonable price. And I'm pretty sure that you can always ask someone here from the Worum to meet you and help you with it.

Thanks, Jean. I'm totally planning to attend a game next fall as well. I should probably learn at least enough German to hold a conversation before I travel alone, but, err, I'll figure that out. Though I still won't be able to hold a conversation with Herr Fritz even if I become fluent in German...

That is very screwed up that it is the only option. I don't mind tickets not shipping as I like how a lot of stadiums have those atm/bank card like machines where you can usually print out your tickets that you ordered.

It seems odd that they won't ship. This isn't someone flying a few hours. I definitely would prefer to have some sort of proof I had access to the stadium before I flew all the way from Arizona. Bremen might not be the only city on my traveling itinerary but to see Werder Bremen would be one of my main interests.

I will refresh on my German but I lived there for 3 years and with everyone knowing decent English over there, I hardly had to use my German except when my German girlfriends would make me speak half of our conversations in German.

I was just checking the terms and conditions for the ticketing at Werder Bremen. There's no word about not shipping abroad so I guess you might also order tickets from the U.S.

I actually don't mind them not shipping the ticket as long as you can print out a copy of an email confirming you have a ticket for a particular match so that you can show that print out along with your id or credit card proving you are truly the person who bought the ticket so they give you the ticket at the stadium prior to the match.

That said, I was at the website looking at the ticket section and I am so trying to figure out the section in which you would order a ticket if one was available.

I am trying to work out the bugs early so I can make sure to do things right when it comes to planning the trip.

I want to make sure I am ready to do this when the ref makes a bad call yet it won't matter in the end when we pull out the victory.