Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: Will Internazionale be on first place after the group stage?

Teilnehmer
14. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
  • Yes, Inter will kick ass!

5 35,71%
  • No, "someone else" is going to take the crown in goup b!

9 64,29%
Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 23

Thema: F.C. Internazionale Milano

Gast

F.C. Internazionale Milano

Hi All,

I hope this is going to be a great place for all of out guests from Italy to discuss the clashes of pot a and b in group B!

Of course I would love to see Werder kick Inter butt but I guess if we are realistic this is not going to happen. On the other hand be sure that Werder with Frings, Diego, Jensen and Piza are going to put up a great fight and if Inter has a mediocre day Werder might humiliate the Italian champion! Werder is not the Team it was 3,5 years ago. 5x Champions League in a row hopefully changes things and if all goes well and we don`t get a red card after three minutes of the game again things might be different this champions league season!

Lets start with a little bit of general information about Inter form the F.C. Internazionale Milano wikipedia article:

Code:
    Football Club Internazionale Milano, most commonly referred to as simply Internazionale, or Inter[1], is an Italian professional football club based in Milan, Lombardy, founded in 1908. The club are the only side in Italian football to have spent their entire history in the top tier (Serie A). Internazionale, who play in black and blue striped shirts with black shorts, have sixteen Serie A titles to their name; only their rivals Juventus and Milan have won more. Including the Coppa Italia and the Italian Super Cup, Inter have a total of 25 trophies won in Italy.

Outside of their homeland, the club have also had success in European and World tournaments; they won the European Cup in two successive finals during 1963–64 and 1964–65. They have also won the UEFA Cup three times and the World Club Championship twice. Additionally, Inter was one of founding members of the G-14, a group that formerly represented eighteen of the largest and most prestigious[2] European football clubs.

Inter play their home games at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, also known as San Siro. The ground, which they share with rivals AC Milan, is the largest in Italian football, with a total capacity of 82,955.[3]
    Lets skip the history bullshit and move on to the current sqad!

Code:
    No. Country          Position 	  Player
    1 	Italy		GK 	        Francesco Toldo
    2 	Colombia	DF 	        Iván Córdoba (Vice-captain)
    4 	Argentina	DF 	        Javier Zanetti (Captain)
    5 	Serbia	MF 	        Dejan Stanković
    6 	Brazil		MF 	        Maxwell
    7 	Portugal	MF 	        Luís Figo
    8 	Sweden	FW 	        Zlatan Ibrahimović
    9 	Argentina	FW 	        Julio Cruz
    10 	Brazil		FW 	        Adriano
    11 	Chile		MF 	        Luis Jiménez
    12 	Brazil		GK 	        Júlio César
    13 	Brazil		DF 	        Maicon
    14 	France	MF 	        Patrick Vieira
    15 	France	MF 	        Olivier Dacourt
    16 	Argentina	DF 	        Nicolás Burdisso
    18 	Argentina	FW 	        Hernán Crespo
    19 	Argentina	MF 	        Esteban Cambiasso
    20 	Ghana	MF 	        Sulley Ali Muntari
    22 	Italy		GK 	        Paolo Orlandoni
    23 	Italy		DF 	        Marco Materazzi
    24 	Colombia	DF 	        Nelson Rivas
    25 	Argentina	DF 	        Walter Samuel
    26 	Romania	DF 	        Cristian Chivu
    30 	Portugal	MF 	        Pelé
    33 	Brazil		MF 	        Mancini
    36 	ItalY		MF 	        Francesco Bolzoni (from youth team)
    37 	Italy		DF 	        Andrea Mei (from youth team)
    39 	Italy		DF 	        Davide Santon (from youth team)
    45 	Italy		FW 	        Mario Balotelli
    Because I already emptied one bottle of wine now I will continue this thread tomorrow. The first Italian Inter Fan to write in this thread will get a bottle of red wine from me!!

cheers

Gast

F.C. Internazionale Milano

The international english website can be found at the following URL:
    INTER

cheers

Gast

Re: F.C. Internazionale Milano

Mourinho issues early warning

C Internazionale Milano coach José Mourinho insists there is no added pressure on him to win the UEFA Champions League as the Nerazzurri start their Group B campaign at Panathinaikos FC, but he warns: "My teams tend to win trophies."

Mourinho return
    Mourinho led FC Porto to the European title in 2004 before twice taking Chelsea FC to the semi-finals. He left Chelsea in acrimonious circumstances this time last season and almost a year to the day returns to the competition with high ambitions once again. Mourinho, though, is adamant there is no undue expectation to reclaim a prize which Inter last lifted in 1965. "I'm not under pressure to win this competition," he said. "[Inter owner] Massimo Moratti knows this is the UEFA Champions League, a competition where minor details can make the difference.

Early warning
    "I don't believe I was a better coach when I won the trophy than when my [Chelsea] team were eliminated on penalties in the semi-finals, and I won't accept my merits as a coach being evaluated on the basis of results only. However beware: My teams tend to win trophies. I'm not afraid to say we want to win the competition, but I'm a realist. Apart from us, there are the English teams, the Spanish sides, Bayern München and the other Italian teams – perhaps apart from Fiorentina who are strong but inexperienced – who are tipped to lift the trophy. It's not just Manchester United, Chelsea and us."

More...

cheers

Nice story from yesterday: Mourinho did some bragging after the 2-1 against Catania.

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=95243

The reply from Catanias GM Pietro Lo Monaco "Mourinho is simply someone who should be taken beaten in the teeth".

Mourinhos response is quiet funny, as usual:

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=95244

"Lo Monaco, who? I know a Tibetan Monaco (Editor’s note: Monaco means Monk in Italian), the Bayern Monaco, the Formula 1 GP of Monaco and the Principality of Monaco. I do not know others. Some time ago I said that there were people who wanted to end up to the front page by exploiting my name and talking about me. I have a sponsor who pays me to advertise for him and I will not publicize anyone for free"

Gast

Some before the match infos:

Pizarro billed as Bremen's guiding star

Coach Thomas Schaaf hopes Claudio Pizarro's presence can "motivate and guide" Werder Bremen after the Peru forward underlined his value last night by scoring his third goal since rejoining the club on loan from Chelsea FC.

On target
    The 29-year-old struck as Bremen won 2-1 at FC Erzgebirge Aue in the German Cup second round, having previously scored in a 3-2 Bundesliga loss at VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach and then Saturday's 5-2 away-day demolition of FC Bayern München – the club Pizarro represented for six seasons after leaving Bremen in 2001. The 29-year-old was Schaaf's only major summer signing, and the coach believes he has an enormous amount to offer. "Claudio is a very important player for us, especially for the UEFA Champions League," he told uefa.com. "He is a player with vast experience."

More...

Gast

Baresi: "Three hard-earned points"

MILAN - Mourinho's vice coach Giuseppe Baresi spoke on Sky Sport Italia after Wednesday's 1-0 win against Lecce.

"I want and have to become the best second in the world so I need this kind of experience, also in communication, and I thank José," said Baresi, who briefed the press ahead of the midweek clash. "It's not the end of the world if he (Mourinho) doesn't speak on one occasion. We are one staff and we share everything, including the duty to stand before the members of the press to explain our selections and tactics."

Anybody who doesn't understand this spirit which Mourinho has sown at Inter, will hardly grasp the philosophy of a team which, confronted by a team bent on locking out its opponent in front of goal, had no fears in playing with five attackers on the field. "We changed the set-up three or four times because we wanted to win; we knew that we could have risked even a little more, but facing a Lecce team who defended with eleven men behind the ball-line, we had to demonstrate, even with our substitutions, our desire to win the game," explained Baresi. "It worked out nicely because Cruz, who slotted well into the game, showed intelligence and respect in waiting for his chance. Not only did he score a superb goal, but he also put himself generously at the disposal of the team, and gave a great display even out of role as a midfielder."

More...

Gast

Before the game...

Hamburg rise, Bremen hit five

Ozil the hero
    The Weserstadion played host to the game of the day, however, as Mesut Özil fired in an 83rd-minute winner for a relieved Bremen after they had relinquished a 4-1 lead. Having won 5-2 at FC Bayern München last weekend, Bremen were among the goals again as Claudio Pizarro (17), Diego (21) and Aaron Hunt (30) all scored after Demba Ba (16) had cancelled out Özil's eighth-minute opener. Sejad Salihović (36) kick-started the Hoffenheim fightback before Vedad Ibišević scored a penalty and Per Mertesacker was sent off just after the hour. The drama continued when Marvin Compper made it 4-4 on 71 minutes, yet Bremen had the final say as Özil finished emphatically late on.

Gast

Before the game... derby time in milan tonight...
    Derby squad...

José Mourinho has named a 21-player squad for Sunday evening's Serie A Week 5 match against AC Milan (Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, kick-off 20:30):
    more...

cheers

Gast

Ronaldinho the hero in Milan derby

Ronaldinho picked the perfect day to claim his first Serie A goal as his header gave AC Milan a 1-0 victory against FC Internazionale Milano, allowing S.S. Lazio to move to the summit.

Milan delight
    Lazio's 3-1 win at Torino FC had given them the lead in the afternoon but unbeaten Inter were aiming to return to the top. However, 36 minutes into his Derby della Madonnina debut, Ronaldinho leapt to head in a Kaká cross. With 13 minutes left Inter lost Nicolás Burdisso after his second booking and Marco Materazzi, who had already been replaced, was later shown a red card on the bench. Milan held on and are sixth, two places and one point behind Inter.

more..

Gast

AC Milan 1-0 FC Internazionale Milano (Ronaldinho 36)

José Mourinho: "Milan scored a goal and we did not, this is the story of the game. They had two other shots on goal, one from Ronaldinho in the first half and one from [Andriy] Shevchenko at the end, while we had many more even when we only had ten men. It ended 1-0 for them but 1-1 would have been a fair result in my opinion. We lost a game but nothing more than that. Being scared of playing is worse than losing and we were never scared of playing our football tonight."

Gast

Werder Bremen 5-4 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    (Özil 8 83, Pizarro 16, Diego 20, Hunt 30; Ba 15, Salihović 36, Ibisević 61(pen), Compper 71)
    Thomas Schaaf:"We have seen another extraordinary football match. Of course, we have to improve our defending for our game against Internazionale and concentrate in defence. On the other hand, we can travel to Italy full of confidence, having scored ten goals in the last two games and having produced such strong attacking performances. Also, Mesut Özil is getting stronger and stronger; he has produced some great displays and is full of confidence.

Gast

Lubos Michel appointed for Inter v Werder

MILAN - Slovakian official Lubos Michel has been appointed to referee Tuesday's UEFA Champions League Group B Matchday 2 tie between Inter and Werder Bremen at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in Milan (kick-off 20.45CET).

Michel has refereed the Nerazzurri in European competitions on two previous occasions: Inter 0-1 Feyernoord (UEFA Cup) in 2001/02 and Inter 2-0 Werder Bremen (UCL) in 2004/05.

Gast

From inter.it

Squad in groups for Monday session

The players worked in groups, with an aerobic session (exercises on pitch and in gym) for those who played most of last night's derby. The rest of the squad started with warm-up exercises, continuing with aerobic, possession and tactical drills before finishing off with a series of training games....

Photo`s can be seen here...

Gast

Pizarro spurred on by Mourinho reunion

Claudio Pizarro has "very fond memories" of San Siro. The last time he played there, two years ago almost to the day, his goal helped FC Bayern München condemn FC Internazionale Milano to their second group defeat in as many matches. Now, in the green and orange of Werder Bremen,
    the Peruvian is hoping lightning will strike twice as he comes up against his former Chelsea FC coach José Mourinho.

'Fond memories'
    On that late September evening in Milan, Pizarro muscled past two defenders to break the deadlock nine minutes from time and as Inter unraveled, with both Fabio Grosso and Zlatan Ibrahimović receiving red cards, Lukas Podolski scored another in added time to give Bayern a memorable 2-0 win. "We are under no illusions how hard it will be because Inter are a very competitive side," Pizarro said. "But we also know we can beat them. I have very fond memories of the last time I came here because I scored a goal and we won the match."

More...

Gast

Mourinho: "I know Werder well..."

APPIANO GENTILE - José Mourinho and Marco Materazzi answered questions at today's UEFA news conference ahead of Wednesday's Champions League Group B Matchday 2 fixture against Werder Bremen.

"They're a very attacking team who can score goals," Mourinho said of the Germans. "If they score so much it's because they have strong strikers, but it's also because they play in a league where you can win with five goals and where no one criticises you for being offensive.

"We know that Werder have scored ten goals in two games but we know that they didn't score against Anorthosis. In the Champions League you don't often score many goals in the same match. They have changed a few players, bringing in Rosenberg, for example, but they have the same good coach and have been a well organised team for years.

"This match against Werder will be the most difficult of the three because in theory the Germans are stronger than Panathinaikos and Anorthosis Famagusta, and victory is more important for them than us because they dropped two points at home in the first round and we won in Athens. But we can do well.

more...