Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9

Thema: The World Cup Draw

The World Cup Draw

ESPN has all of a sudden started to care about non-American football so I spent the last few hours watching the World Cup Draw and washing my laundry. (My Fritz shirt is still dirty. )

I am now worried about how I might feel about a potential Germany-US matchup in the second round. For one thing, my mind keeps screaming "HANDBALL TORSTEN!" because if my mouth screamed "HANDBALL TORSTEN!" every five minutes, I might get sent to a mental hospital. I think I would have to cheer for Germany because my favorite players on the US are the young ones, and my favorite player that I know will be chosen fuer die Nationalmannschaft is Ballack, who could retire at any moment.

Re: The World Cup Draw

They televise one Spanish and one English match per weekend all this season. They have cared in the past.

That being said, it was nice to see 3 hours of it even though we had to put up with our silly American actress looking dumb at the draw. crazy

Ballack is probably the only German National team player I have never liked. It doesn't help now that he plays at my most despised club team. I have been supporting the German team since late 70's and he is one of the few I don't like.

Well, they've been airing games all year, but they didn't start to actually show soccer highlights every day during top plays until about a month ago.

Silly American actress? Charlize Theron sounded like she was oversimplifying the draw for the masses, but she's South African.

She was having a blonde moment that everyone in the world got to see. I guess it is good tv's come with mute buttons.

I was in a restaurant while watching, so I couldn't turn on the mute button. I especially wanted Bob Ley to shut up so I could hear the guy announcing the draw.

Fudge. First Davies and Gooch get hurt and now Clint Dempsey gets hurt.

Clint Dempsey's injury isn't as bad as originally thought.

link from the guardian.

Frings will not be part of the German team in South Africa!

Sorry, just a source in German...

Aww, poor Torsten.